Published On: Mon, Dec 3rd, 2012

17-year-old electrocuted on the roof of neighbour’s house



17-year-old electrocuted on the roof of neighbour's house, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating
GD Star Rating
a WordPress rating system
victoria hospital 300x225 17 year old electrocuted on the roof of neighbours house

Victoria Hospital

Deokarran Puchon, known as Ashi, 17, was seriously burned after receiving an electric discharge on the roof of his neighbour’s house located at Swami Dayanand street, Grand Baie. The tragedy took place at about 9:00 yesterday morning.

The youngster who is a student of Form IV was cleaning the roof of his neighbour’s house when he was electrocuted. According to the nearby inhabitants, Ashi Puchon was holding a tool which accidentally touched a high-tension cable.

This cable had made one victim when a mason of Goodlands died from electrocution on that roof in 2009.

Ashi Puchon was rushed to the North Hospital where he was transferred to the Burns Unit of Victoria Hospital, Candos. Wounded on the face and legs, his condition is serious.

Rajdev Puchon, the father of the adolescent said that he does not know what his son was doing at his neighbour when he was electrocuted.

An inquiry is underway by the Grand Baie Police to know the exact cause of this accident.

GD Star Rating
a WordPress rating system

Comment Below